Wednesday, May 10, 2006

sleeping on the job

*in the office*

Oaaahm…
Eugh, my eyes are so heavy to open and it’s still 15.30 in the afternoon. It means I have to work two more hours before I can go home and make love with my bed. Guess it’s because I stayed up too late (03.00 am) watching the Survivor. Anyway, I managed to steal some minutes (or seconds) to take what they said: a Gamma Sleep (or Alpha Sleep? or Omega Sleep? uuh… whatever!), you know… the quick sleep methode that can recharge your ‘battery’ again. Well amazingly it worked! At least till few minutes ago.
Should I take that Gamma Sleep again? You can try it also.

If you’re afraid your boss will get furious catching you sleeping on the job, here are some quick excuse, who knows it might works:

- "They told me at the blood bank this might happen."
- "This is just a 15 minute power-nap like they raved about in the last time-management course you sent me to."
- "I was working smarter, not harder."
- "I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new paradigm!"
- "This is one of the seven habits of highly effective people!"
- "I was testing the keyboard for drool resistance."
- "I'm in the management training program."
- "Actually doing a "Stress Level Elimination Exercise Plan" (SLEEP) you learned at the last mandatory seminar your boss made you attend."
- "This is in exchange for the six hours last night when I dreamt about work!"
- "I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve work-related stress. Are you discriminatory towards people who practice Yoga?"
- "Damn! Why did you interrupt me? I almost figured out a solution to our biggest problem."
- "The coffee machine is broke..."
- "Someone must've put decaf in the wrong pot."
- "Wasn't sleeping. Was trying to pick up my contact lens without hands."
- "The mailman flipped out and took out a gun so I was playing dead to avoid getting shot."
- "I thought you [boss] were gone for the day."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aduuuh ron, gila ide lo bagus bgt, besok mau gw praktekin deh satu2 tiap hari.mmmm paling ngga gw langsung dipecat yaaa?????secara belum sebulan kali yeeee.


Mrs. Vita JElita

Tatz Sutrisno said...

hehehe..ada lagi ronn..
kalo kepergok boss bobo di meja kerja bilang aja :
"engga bos, saya ga lagi bobo, cuma lagi ngetes aja, kira2 dari meja saya ini bisa denger laut ga yahh..?"
or
"Amienn..." pretend that u've just pray..hehehehe..

Anonymous said...

Ronn...
Kalo' gw yg mraktekin bobo siang di meja kerja , bisa2 gw lgsg dipecat... secara meja gw berhadap2an dgn ruangan the big bosses :( hiks...

CacingKepanasan said...

Hmm... padahal terusin aja, kan tanggung :P (Kabuurrr....)